TRAVEL AGENTS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA ( TAAI ) held its 6th Managing Committee meet at Fairmont Jaipur from 22nd � 24th July, 2014. The meet turned out to be one of the longest in recent times and extremely comprehensive with extensive deliberations on several matters of the Association.
It was indeed a great interaction platform in Fairmont Jaipur where not only were TAAI Managing Committee able to thrash out their thoughts but also to chalk out some actions that will now bring in good results. The MC exchanged thoughts and views� and communicated with an open and positive mind.
The active involvement of all present led� to hi-lighting of major concerns across the Industry confronting TAAI members. The meeting concluded on the 2nd day with decisions to take up important matters forward by attempting to find the most appropriate solutions to the challenges.�The need to evolve and follow a system of organization that works on important issues of the Association was taken up. Some of the resolutions passed by the MC are �:
* TAAI to launch Preferred Partner Programme
TAAI to partner with principals such as airlines, tourism boards, hotels, and other service � providers by September �2014 for the mutual benefit of TAAI Members and such principals.� A resolution was passed to this effect at the meet and was a unanimous decision of the MC to introduce the PPP.
* TAAI � HSG Mr Harmandeep Sngh Anand informed that as an extension of the PPP TAAI plans �to organise first-of- its-kind - ever Educational Destination Workshops (EDW) in collaboration with NTOs overseas, open only for TAAI members.These one to one interaction programs will have participation of about 150-200 TAAI agents. Focused aim would be to give the participants a direct first-hand experience of the destination and gain knowledge about the destination, its products and get certified as specialists. A buyer-seller meet will be the highlight of this venture. Unlike the regular FAM trips, the agents will have to pay a participation fee and will be selected according to the criteria laid down by TAAI and the NTOs.�
* The MC also resolved at the meeting that TAAI would� meet and request �the government to regulate the industry and prepare� a blue print for accreditation which will be prepared soon to be presented to the government. TAAI will take up industry Issues like review of weekly settlement system, commissions, web parity, discussions on APJC matters, Service Tax issues, New Distribution Capability etc.
Other initiatives on the anvil
* Workshops for members on the topic of NDC and its implications. TAAI� has tied up with ITQ for conducting full-day workshops from August to December 2014 for the same.�
* TAAI is in talks with South African Tourism for destination training programme for our members across India.� �
* Rizwan Shaikh, General Manager, Fairmont Jaipur was specially felicitated at the meet for being a very gracious host of the 6th MC meet.�Shagun Sethi, Director Sales and Marketing, Fairmont Jaipur gave a short presentation on the highlights� of the hotel.and they invited TAAI to hold their next convention at the property.
* It was a great moment for TAAI�when Bhim Singh, Founder and Chairman of Rajasthan Tours Pvt ltd, �one of the oldest Allied member of TAAI since August, 1966, was felicitated by the MC.
Ratna Chadha, Chief Executive, TIRUN Travel Marketing, India Representative of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., also made a presentation during the MC meeting to host the convention on board Mariner of the Seas for a cruise out of Singapore.�
Trident Hotel invited the MC to see their property and hosted dinner for them.�
The MC made a special mention of how TAAI EXTENDS ITS FULL SUPPORT� to Malaysia Airlines in their hour of grief� with prayers and condolences for every single person affected by the recent tragedy.�
Needless to mention that Sanjeev Godha, Chairman, Rajasthan Chapter, and his team including chapter members were happy� to get this unique opportunity to network with the entire MC� over 2 days!!�